Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom deck

Re: Custom deck

Quote Originally Posted by "blakebronco" post=1947
    TioEmm have you ever made a deck out of an old snowboard, if so how and what kind???
    Its acutally fairly easy to make a deck from an old snowboard. Me and my friend did it. He just wanted the added tail cuz he thought it would be way easier to pop up/ollie. The thing you have to make sure of is that all the drill holes match up and are straight. You dont want to have mis-alligned trucks. I still have to paint it, but once i am done i ll toss pics up. It works perfect tho, just wouldnt recommend bombing sidewalks with it haha

I see one on the prototype wall at the Freebord warehouse.....

......has anyone built a deck/Freebord similar to the "tan Tien" decks, were the riding surface is lower than the ends where the trucks mount? I believe I saw a post about this 6 months ago. One problem being that you would not be able to have your foot directly over the caster. Something else to think of would be not having it too low so you are unable to lean the board without scrapping your toes (or the bord) on the ground. Hmmmmm, come to think of it, that might be the main issue.....bord would have to be quite wide I guess. I may have answer'd my own questions as far as why freebords are not like this. Gonna push "POST" anyways. You never know. =)

......just a though as I can see how riding a deck that is lower to the ground would feel pretty cool and more similar to snowboarding.

Edit: Another idea...saw a glass skateboard...looked ILL! Maybe possible to find a good plexiglass to make a deck from....might never get the right flex, but im sure you could find something strong enough...add some showy clear thane wheels would make quite the showy Freebord....and how cool to look down and see the ground through the bord. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

new shape

Bamboo/Birch, slightly asymmetric.

oh, WORD

I've never been a fan of the handles, but the shape looks pretty cool.

TioEmm... Your latest bord is smoking hot. The waist on this bord does not look as narrow as some of your previous creations. IMO...This would be the nicest deck I have seen to date. Keep up the great work :cheers:

Thanks! I like the shape a lot - wish I could take credit for it but the design is by the guy I built it for. Got another in progress with nearly the same shape but symmetric and no handle.

So props to David for the shape - and he built my animation...
    http://vimeo.com/38512064

oh, WORD

I feel like I've seen that shape on the forum before...someone else's custom board i think

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by "Tozier" post=18103
    I feel like I've seen that shape on the forum before...someone else's custom board i think
    greek dude, no?

It pretty much looks like the factory models (85's and 83 semi-wides), but a little more curved running up the sides. But Toz, i think i know which one you're talking about

http://community.freebord.com/index....16444&Itemid=0
    this one?

oh, WORD

Quote Originally Posted by "slimpig1" post=18108
    It pretty much looks like the factory models (85's and 83 semi-wides), but a little more curved running up the sides. But Toz, i think i know which one you're talking about

http://community.freebord.com/index....16444&Itemid=0
    this one?
    yep thats the one