Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old-Skool Freebord

that damn nut, +1 with Tio, you'll need to remove the baseplate to stop the damn thing turning/falling out, and reassemble the hanger onto the base plate before putting it back on the deck.
    about holding onto the stripped bolt head(sounds like the allen head is rounded) gonna have to get some "easy outs", where you drill the head a lil then punch the "fitting" into it and use that, you'll have to replace the bolt and, cheers, replace it with an HEX head. note: "easy out" not so "easy"

oh, keep it hookless man! hot air gun (blowdrier) to peel off the ol griptape and get some nasty sticky 24 grit griptape
    Ratchets are my hands Stromae is my jam, the Mussels from Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeboarderNL View Post
    Also, one of the kingpins is stuck and I can't get it to turn because the allen wrench doesn't have any grip. The truck is very loose now so it's almost always riding on both wheels, even with the center wheel all the way out.
    The hole for the allen wrench is as round as a new wheel so I can't tighten it. Any suggestions on how to get it out and replace it?
    Maybe try using the next biggest size Allen key, and tapping it in with a hammer to 're-hex' the hole? That might help you get more grip, if it was jammed in there.

Gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Gee View Post
    Maybe try using the next biggest size Allen key, and tapping it in with a hammer to 're-hex' the hole? That might help you get more grip, if it was jammed in there.
    I already tried this but didn't work unfortunately. I'll try TioEmm's method later this week, that should work.

Went to the beach today with my GF and made my first descent on the alpha around the dunes.
    The general feel of the bord is awesome, huge concave gives a pretty decent control, even without bindings.
    Don't know what to make of hookless riding yet thiough, I feel like it's easier to bail but it feels a little sketchy when going at higher speeds..
    I'm getting kind of a surf vibe rather than snowboard vibe when riding hookless :)

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeboarderNL View Post

Found this old beauty for $35,-. What do you guys say? Should I buy it or save the money for some new G3 baseplates?
    $35!? A steal!