Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old-Skool Freebord

Gooner

Old-Skool Freebord

Found this old beauty for $35,-. What do you guys say? Should I buy it or save the money for some new G3 baseplates?

Get and hold on to it

Dope! Snag it and join the Alpha 112 club!! $35 is a steal, got mine for $60....only people who don't know what they are sell them for those prices.
    Space Weather

Ride More...Worry less

Gooner
    Will boro's fit on the alpha's?

They will fit. Definitely a good deal.

I want an alpha. They look super fun. someone who has one should start an OG riding series.

Gooner
    I picked it up today. It is in pretty good condition. It's the Alpha 100 instead of the 112. Wheelbase is slightly shorter than my 85.
    The guy I bought it from made his own bindings where you are really stuck to the freebord, no chance of bailing at all And of course he did it with big ass screws, you can see them in the picture around the trucks if you look closesly. They are kingpin sized.

When I got home I put some new reds in there and went rolling, rides like a charm!! I love the deep concave of the board.
    I think I'll regrip the deck to cover up the holes and maybe put on some S2 bindings for better control?
    This friday there are some new boro's and dablues coming in, I'll try to get some footage to share with the finished setup over the weekend.

Also, one of the kingpins is stuck and I can't get it to turn because the allen wrench doesn't have any grip. The truck is very loose now so it's almost always riding on both wheels, even with the center wheel all the way out.
    The hole for the allen wrench is as round as a new wheel so I can't tighten it. Any suggestions on how to get it out and replace it?

SICK!!! So stoked that you got that. Didn't even realize it was a 100, good to know. Where the bindings like a strap? That is nutty. Did you take them off or try them lol?

Regrip is a good idea. I personally don't have bindings on my 112 cuz I like it hookless, but it would probably get more use if it had them. You would definitely get better control with them. Looking forward to the footy!

That sucks about the kingpin. Maybe soak it in some anti-sieze penetrating oil, then take a vise grip wrench to it? Replacing it might be tough. Probably from another set of alpha trucks that you could find from online classifieds. I might actually have a few somewhere but won't be able to get to them for a while.
    Space Weather

Ride More...Worry less

when I saw the pic I was thinking "thats the 100". I've got the same deck. Is WAY to short/narrow for me. Held on to it hoping for it to be the girlfriend FB, but so far no luck.
    ...It may lead you to seek the 112.

It may be a lot easier to get the kingpin out if you take the truck off the deck so you have access to the nut under the baseplate. When you get the kingpin out, do yourself a favor and replace it with a standard hex-head bolt with the nut on the outside. (Grade-8, 3/8 24, 2 inch)

With the nut on the inside of the truck you need to remove the baseplate to rethread the nut anytime you take off the hanger or if you just loosen them too much. So replacing pivot cups or bushings requires a full disassemble.

If you really want to keep it OG I’m your source for old alpha kingpins!! I’ve got NINE alpha setups (or ten??) and I swapped the kingpins on all of them. Let me know if you want an old set…