Thread: For Sale: Freebord X-80, used no more than a dozen times... great shape

Noob

For Sale: Freebord X-80, used no more than a dozen times... great shape

Hey everyone,

I stumbled on this forum while trying to research my old X-80 model because I want to sell it. I bought this back in the early-mid 2000's (I think...), but I hardly ever used it as my area didn't have the best roads to ride on. I'm looking to sell it and noticed some posts mentioning that they are kind of a vintage collectible thing since they are one of the older models. I really don't know what it's worth so I'm really just looking for offers if anyone is interested. The board and trucks are in great shape with no major scuffs or anything. Wheels are the original ones that came on the board and have almost no wear. The only thing is I don't have the original aluminum bindings that came with it... but they were never mounted to the board so there are no screw holes drilled in the deck.

Even though ur getting old keep riding. Folks on here in their 50's bording

If it was summer time and making good money I'd buy it. Good candidate for rocket engines

That bord is immaculate! But I’d be surprised if you get much more than $100 for it…

The X series bords are not as collectable as the big old alphas – the ones that looks more like snowboards.

The silver alpha trucks on your deck are worth the most IMO. Some people still prefer them (ME! But I’ve already got SIX sets…) but it’s hard to argue that they are superior to the new G3Rs in any way… The stock wheels are crap. The deck is fine but so narrow compared to today’s decks.

A serious rider would need to add bindings ($35) and replace the wheels ($70).

I just checked some completed auctions on eBay – and still think something around $100 is likely. I bought a very similar deck off Craigslist last year – almost as nice as yours, including bindings for $50 and that was a very good price.

Your best bet for finding a buyer is probably eBay or posting in the Facebook Freebord group (but expect a lot of “ride it, don’t sell it” comments!)

Please tell me you are not in Portland! I’m a sucker for the silver alphas and definitely don’t want to be tempted to buy another set hahah!

Good luck!

kinda nostalgic for me, thinking about it I'd go with a fresh set still
    Ratchets are my hands Stromae is my jam, the Mussels from Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by TioEmm View Post
    The X series bords are not as collectable as the big old alphas – the ones that looks more like snowboards.
    true, but they're still a somewhat rare sight these days. that setup looks mint!