Thread: (Excuse my English)

Noob

(Excuse my English)

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but I've been riding under the radar for a couple years now. I'm trying to go backpacking around Europe starting in Amsterdam on the 6-11 of July, after this I can fly essentially anywhere and I'd like to find people to ride with/stay with for a day or two at a time before heading out again. I'm on a budget and have no issues paying for my food, though if I can't find people to stay with I'll most likely be staying at airport terminals in between flights, which makes the trip a bit more limited. I'd be willing to trade handy work or other help for my stay, I've got a couple good skills like carpentry, though am always a fast learner. I'm a six foot four inch male and fully capable of heavy work duties.

I'd like to head down into France after Holland, and could fly into either Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, or Bordeaux. From here I'd like to head to Switzerland, where I know there are some amazing videos of crazy people riding awesome hills, though the only airports I can fly into are Zurich, Basel or Geneva. From there, I'd like to head to Germany, where I have a wide range of available airports; Hamburg, Berlin, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Nuremburg, Munich, Stuttgart, and Hannover. From there, I'd like to go to Prague which is the only airport to fly to in the Czech Repub. and I'm not sure I know of any borders there anyhow. From here I'm trying to go to Vienna, Austria, then Budapest, Hungary, then Athens, Greece, then Instanbul, Turkey, and lastly Bucharest, Romania before I head farther east into Kiev and Moscow.

If anyone has recommendations of who to contact, I'd love any and all help I can get from the community. I'm not precisely sure I'll be able to make it to all the locations I'm planning, but this is the hope. After Moscow, I intend to fly over to New Delhi, India, before taking a train out to Kathmandu, Nepal, and another into China somewhere before continuing on to Cambodia which I might have to access by flying into Bangkok and then down from there on a bus through a border crossing. From here I intend to stop in Hong Kong, then Kyoto, then Auckland, before heading back to the states. In the next year I also intend to visit S. America, heading through Cuzco, Santiago, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Sau Paulo/Rio D.J. I'm interested in any other suggestions for places to go, and essentially possess free flights, so most options are amicable.

Thanks again!
    Ambig

P.S. World travel tips are preeshed as well.

Hi Ambig, good luck for your trip, to catch more people from the freebord community , i think for the 2015 season facebook is a good place for you, i only suggest you posting some video of your riding to help people know you.

Good luck with that , really busy this summer but if you came to Paris in July don't hesitate to hit me up , maybe i'm around (and maybe not ;) )