Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheel Review?

Wheel Review?

Monkeys if I wanna do tricks/if the Crete is shit, blues for bombing/going fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by flisms View Post
    Normally, if it's orange, thats what I go with...and I tried that. But da blues are just so much better. (for me) ..and for me I think it is the hub vs no hub/core....the two wheels contact and slide on the ground differently.

Of course I think there's something to be said about what you learn on....That might be a good survey... "what are your favorite wheels, and which did you learn (most) on?"

CAN WE GET SOME SNOW PLEASE!
    Are you guys having another shitty year over there? Last year was BOMB on the east, this year was supposed to be similar but so far is just lookin average... Although last year didn't really start getting cracking till around now so I'm still hopin!

So far not a good year.

Wheel Review?

So far not a good year.
    That's shitty man hopefully it picks up in February...

Not sure it'll ever be a good year again...
    "Only hardcore people ride Freebords, baby."

Wheel Review?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-B View Post
    Not sure it'll ever be a good year again...
    What? Why not? One of the major premises of global warming has always been wild and unpredictable temp swings in both directions... So odds are it will...

To those in the know....what is the difference, and reasoning between wheels with and without the plastic hub/rim like da blues, vs without like brass monkeys? I think it has been discussed before but I cant find it. Surely there has got to be a reason some wheels are made with and some without?

In addition, does anyone else have a preference? Personally I do not like wheels without the hub ....unfortunately it is a r riding habit of mine (long story) that seems to be the cause...but in short...wheels with no hub (like monkeys) do a strange chatter across the ground sometime when I hit my heel edge hard, or "tail slap" (as I have heard it called) where you lift your back foot slightly to change edges....I have tested a bunch of wheels over the past year with the same result every time....no hub, I get chatter, hub, no chatter. It actually sux as I have found wheels with no hub that I like, but the second I get/feel that chatter (similar to hitting a slushy spot in the snow) I dont feel comfortable riding hard and swap back to da blues.

anywho, curious if I am the only one....

Got some new boys, fat hawgs, that feel seriously smooth fighting chatter. They have hubs but you can imagine the tread reaches way outside of the mounting flange, I wonder if the extra flex afforded by the extra rubber is absorbing some of the chatter on light edge applications.

out of the box they SUCKED :) but once I rubbed that sheeny toplayer the grip was much more consistent
    Last edited by skiskask8; 03-20-2015 at 08:32 AM.

My friend has the greengos on his new bord and I have dablues I noticed blues hold a carve better and and are very responsive. the greengo is a more forgiving wheel to learn with they are like a big green slimy bugger

My friend has the greengos on his new bord and I have dablues I noticed blues hold a carve better and and are very responsive. the greengo is a more forgiving wheel to learn with they are like a big green slimy booger

Wheel Review?

To those in the know....what is the difference, and reasoning between wheels with and without the plastic hub/rim like da blues, vs without like brass monkeys? I think it has been discussed before but I cant find it. Surely there has got to be a reason some wheels are made with and some without?

In addition, does anyone else have a preference? Personally I do not like wheels without the hub ....unfortunately it is a r riding habit of mine (long story) that seems to be the cause...but in short...wheels with no hub (like monkeys) do a strange chatter across the ground sometime when I hit my heel edge hard, or "tail slap" (as I have heard it called) where you lift your back foot slightly to change edges....I have tested a bunch of wheels over the past year with the same result every time....no hub, I get chatter, hub, no chatter. It actually sux as I have found wheels with no hub that I like, but the second I get/feel that chatter (similar to hitting a slushy spot in the snow) I dont feel comfortable riding hard and swap back to da blues.

anywho, curious if I am the only one....
    How does an would edge wheel chatter? I've only really seen centers do it I think...

Corey's a bitch. There's no reason to be cute about it.