Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Da blues vs brass monkeys

I was agreeing that that's how he was listing em...

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither" ~ Ben Franklin

Da blues vs brass monkeys

For rocker yes however I am asking in general which he prefers
    Getcha Some​ Of That

Noob
    Agreed

I ride brass monkeys because they are orange. =)

(Edit: real review)

SO Ive been riding them for a few weeks now., Not enough for a solid review, but here are my initial opinions. They dont feel anything like Da Blues....not better, not worse, just different. They are heavy.........What i have noticed to be the biggest diff, or odd quality (please share if you have felt something similar) but they dont seem as forgiving over s/cracks.....and even less forgiving to those of use who lift our back wheels up a bit (hard to explain).....anywho, they seem to bounce/reverberate off of s cracks and when you let an edge wheel come back in contact with the ground in an imperfect way/time. (kinda like the wheel briefly skips over the pavement rather than slides) Feels a bit similar to hitting slush on a snowboard. Sound familiar to anyone? It really bothered me at first but I guess I have learned to ride accordingly .

....the fact that they are orange still makes up for anything I dont like about them.
    Last edited by flisms; 10-01-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: real review

[QUOTE=....the fact that they are orange still makes up for anything I dont like about them.[/QUOTE]

The above statement has proven to be untrue. BM's are great (and orange) but (to me) da blues are superior in several ways. Back on da blues for good now.

....anyone want to buy some half shredded BM's? =/ (as an example....they seem to wear down noticeably faster than blues)

Re: Da blues vs brass monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by flisms View Post
    The above statement has proven to be untrue. BM's are great (and orange) but (to me) da blues are superior in several ways. Back on da blues for good now.

....anyone want to buy some half shredded BM's? =/ (as an example....they seem to wear down noticeably faster than blues)
    Really? Any idea why this happens? I jus got a fresh pair of em n I think my shit get worn fast from riding cracks... :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of differences between db's and bm's , a bit silly to think they will ride the same just because they are made from the same thane. Size, shape, hub...all very different between the two. bm's feel a bit softer under my feet, maybe they are....maybe that's why they (seem to) wear faster. db's feel a bit more rigid down there....a bit more in control....can really feel the diff between the squared and rounded edges ......

....I dont want to sound like Im bashing the bm's, most definitely not.....just like da blues more.....choices are good.

Thanks! Do you ride street allot? Maybe rounder edges are better for park?

Lol I'm not used to wheels yet man... I snowboard! Also I just started my BMS (not broken in at all yet...) They do feel softer thats actually something I noticed but thought it was just cause on account if em being fresh boys...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BM's definitely feel softer. Not a bad thing if your path isn't butter smooth

Been Around The Block

Da blues vs brass monkeys

Just came from trying the BM. Coming from the slashers, they feel like butter!!! I liked them a lot. Mad rocker, and a bit more forgiving than the slashers while spinning.
    For now im satisfied with them.