Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freebord slopestyle contest ????

Freebord slopestyle contest ????

I come from a longboarding background and i was wondering does freebord have like freestyle longboard slopstyle kind of contest kind of like this http://www.youtube.com/user/BOOMTOWN...16/-VaVnlM0HZw they also have rails and stuff like this too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrpb3Es3ehM

Re: Freebord slopestyle contest ????

any comments ?????

Old Skool

not really. pretty much because theres so few freeborders compared to longboarders. where im from we cant even get 10 freeborders together, whereas ive gone along to 1 or 2 longboard contests with up to 150 people

closest thing to that i can think of is the freebord rider awards, or this http://vimeo.com/26185379

could some how could we pull together a bunch of riders so we could throw down some sort of contest to have legitimate more contest in the future

I want to get some going next year in Colorado...during the Colorado Rep ride this year we had 3 competitions that went real well...one was a timed race down a technical hill (real steep, crazy turns/cutbacks)....another was a pure style competition judged by veteran riders...and the third was a best trick competition at the skate park.

Next year, I want to do it more legit and actually block off a road for a day. The key would be to find a place where you could get some spectators, and then even some sponsors....that may be down the road though...This will take a lot of work no doubt, anyone trying to assist me in this endeavor? cuz im super down
    Space Weather

Ride More...Worry less

Old Skool

personally a big part of the appeal of freebording for me was a lack of contests and pressure like that.
    just like with skateboarding and snowboarding, the video scene is where i feel the sport really shines.

oh, WORD

Quote Originally Posted by "veguhh" post=13823
    personally a big part of the appeal of freebording for me was a lack of contests and pressure like that.
    just like with skateboarding and snowboarding, the video scene is where i feel the sport really shines.
    agreed. i love the laid back feel where you can ride with anyone, anytime, just for fun. pro or beginner, doesn't matter, doesn't have to be a competition.

hey dudes, im all about just riding for fun...

no one would be forced to be in a contest....the pressure you speak of is only created by yourself...I don't care if I win or lose, the contests we had at the Colorado rep ride were still fun and I didn't win any. They were just friendly competitions, and for the people who did win, they looked pretty stoked when they received their prizes.

I think contests are great for exposure if they can be set up legitimately, and will only help progress the sport.
    Space Weather

Ride More...Worry less

Quote Originally Posted by "Corey" post=13830
    I think contests are great for exposure if they can be set up legitimately, and will only help progress the sport.
    Agreed. :cheers:

Old Skool

i do agree corey that it will definitely progress the sport.
    i used to compete in local skateboard contests when i was in middle school and a little high school and i never really had any fun doing it.
    its just not for me thats all.

but competitions with sponsors is definitely the key to the sports progression theres no question about that.