Thread: Off the hook!!

Off the hook!!

Here’s my hookless…

Directional, Bamboo/Birch, Bikini grip, Handle, Very small kick, ¬ďW¬Ē concave for better grip.

oh, WORD

Re: Off the hook!!

tttiiiiggghhhtttt

Been Around The Block

Sick
    Hookless is a diff kind of edge

Took it for a test spin and LOVE IT.

My hookless riding took a big step up - it¬ís much more maneuverable than my 112, though I still have speed-control issues on my toe side. I think I¬ím putting too much weight on my back foot. The ¬ďW¬Ē hump under the grip makes a difference ¬Ė I really felt glued to the deck and it does seem to give me more control. My buddy didn¬ít like it, but he¬ís got flat feet. Next time I¬íd put the hump a little off center heal-side to get it right under my arches. Custom orthotic deck anyone?

I didn’t use the kick for anything other than picking up the deck (which is a big deal for a stiff old guy…)

GET IN THE VAN

Sweet!

Banned

Has anone else put in their order for an OG TioEmm deck?? I'm surprised freebord has contacted you to use any of your designs! :cheers:

cool, pushin the envelope as usual. the hump in the deck looks like it could possibly overcome the problem of tight carving with hookless boards.

I feel like the hookless movement is strong right now. My Tioemm Mr Hanky (curvy and bent) deck has been hookless for awhile now( I think it was meant to be a hookless deck) , but I hadnt really tried to ride it much. Last week I got to trying. WHOA! Like being back in my first week freebording. I'm awful! But it is a lot of fun, and a worthy new challenge. Was out riding with Bently last summer and he was killin it hookless...having given it an honest try recently I am even more impressed by his skillz, and others doing the same. ....saw David Bickets videos, and he is saucy without hooks as well. Some guy from the Atlanta Freebord Crew lookin good too. Anywho...if you dont have a hookless set up, i say make one....you master that, hooked riding is surely to be cake. And its different and fun.