Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1276

Thread: Drive home thoughts

^ funny world eh!

kinda bummy about missing the FRAs..... family newborn visit or go to san fran to party with hoons for the weekend(on MY bday )..... giggle, feels good to be a good boy though, i did bord the day away in commemoration, next year! wheres the results??!
    Ratchets are my hands Stromae is my jam, the Mussels from Brussels.

Gooner
    You have my sympathy. Newborns are soooooooooo boring. I just don't get why people want to ooh and aah over them so badly (except for the parents and grandparents). Bring them back to me when they're like 2 or 3 and can actually do something interesting.

Guess I just prefer puppies haha. And I wonder why I'm single, smh.

FRA's is starting to feel like the Freebord end-of-year party. Lot of freeborders have gone quiet the last couple of weeks (judging by my facebook newsfeed). Must be waiting for the snow. It's weird cause we're just ramping up down here. Guess it's up to us Southern Hemispherians (is that a word??) to be Keepers of the Stoke for the next few months eh?

Is it just me or does it seem to have started snowing everywhere in the US EXCEPT Colorado?? Grrr.

hahaha
    puppies are way fun, you can laugh when they fall over, run into walls, make funny noises, people don't like it when you laugh at a baby........
    our dogs are getting some years on them.... probably rebuilding a second knee on one of them..... how much is a new one at the pound? J/K he's a good boy, lady's heart

amusingly i ride the bord alot in the winter due to increased bus service on this one road, theres 9 an hour! that go up this one hill, not a necessarily safe hill, ~1/2mile/kinda steep/cars/bad pavement spots/too risky to steeze-just survive, but 9 AN HOUR, and its FREE??!?

when you coming? a "climatologist" at the U in boulder said that its common for a "la nina" winter that northern CO will stay surprisingly dry until late Nov and just DUMP until mid-late Feb and stop cold again, I've seen these kinda winters and they're give and take, its a LOT of snow, fresh everyday, but never really a sunny weekend, maybe one day a week. we'll see eh, mr. "climatologist"

freebord joke revisited(from the misses actually):
    How many freeborders does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    1 to do it
    the other to tell him how sweet his turns were
    the 3rd to criticize his safety gear
    ^gotta smile @ ourselves^
    Last edited by skiskask8; 11-05-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Gooner
    I've also noticed that people don't like it when you compare their child's development to your dog's. Sorry parents, but until about age 3, kids are pretty much just like puppies. A colleague was telling me the other day about her kid waiting until mum was looking, then doing something bad, just to get a reaction. I said it reminded me of when my puppy used to steal the hand towel and run away with it, just because we'd chase her to get it back. Same same yeah? No need to get all huffy at me Mrs Parent hehehe.

I don't know how much pound puppies go for these days, probably cheaper than the doggie in the window with the waggly tail. Maybe you could pick up a new dog for free if you just wait for someone to let a whole bunch of dogs out. But who'll let the dogs out? They ain't nothin but hound dogs anyway.

Woah, long run with a free ride back up to the top.....I can understand why you'd risk it. I've yet to actually do a long run. We don't really have any around here, plus, i'm not really in control of the bord yet. I find that after a couple of turns i'm getting ridiculously sideways and it all just goes to crap so I pull up. I'm working on it though. I think the problem is that i'm kicking the back out too much, and not putting enough weight on the back truck to get the braking power that I feel comfortable with. Also, my body seems to be falling apart so I can't ride for very long at the moment. It's not good. Ah whatevs, I'll just apply the wisdom of Dory and just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

I'll be there in Jan. One of the benefits of being an Aussie boarder is that you get used to riding in crap conditions. We ride in rain, slush, dirt, blizzards, fog, wind....occasionally it's even sunny and then we bitch about getting hot. There was even one day last season when I got the crappy trifecta: fog, rain and wind. And a powder day is when you had 10cm of fresh overnight. We totally lose our shit when that happens and act like all our Christmases have come at once.
    Pretty sure that whatever the weather is going to do in Colorado, the conditions will still be better than here. As long as I can actually see the halfpipe, i'll be happy.

Nah, it takes 10 freeborders to screw in a lightbulb:
    4th - to do the video edit
    The rest to participate in a group discussion about the best size of lightbulb to use and whether the new fluorescent bulbs are better than the old filament globes

yea you should get the pipe by then....hopefully, might be pushing it where im @

hahahahaha right, gotta get that footy!!, dude, come on, LED's all the way:)! i like what we got going
    recap:
    How many freeborders does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    one to do it
    one to tell him how sweet his turns were
    one to put a camera over his shoulder
    one to edit the action
    one to tell him he's wearing the wrong gloves
    one to say he can do it without hooks
    the rest to argue about which design would work best
    all in the dark, while the one who did it is already on his next bulb

joke assessment:

1. Its like monopoly, hate the one with hotels, but they'll probably win
    2. Is this monopoly?, cause the one with hotels will win
    3. Dipsticks with hotels always wins, fuck monopoly.
    danggit, at least i can keep my guns, joke

first run of the day

"Do you even downhill bro?"
    "quality" kryptonics aggressive skate wheels, small so i could mount em back on the caster to eliminate chatter and not have ridiculous rocker.... but i guess i weigh more... and fruitbooters have 8 wheels, don't bomb hills. thank goodness i had a runout to slow down on, not fun when you cant slide and have a bigger turning circle then a mack truck
    fix? i got "stock" freebord centers from corey, thanks, they some big-uns though so ill have to get some massive edge wheels, yay speed!!!

PROPS, "somewhere in CO" boooooo i wanna know
    Last edited by skiskask8; 11-13-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Gooner
    ....and then some longboarder comes along and tells them they're doing it wrong. You don't 'screw' in the lightbulb, you should try just pushing and giving it a half turn.

Fruitbooter.....??? Wha? No idea what that means but it's.....evocative.

Glad you didn't crash dude! That could've been n-n-nasty! Maybe you should give ridiculous rocker a go? Now that my edge wheels are starting to wear down, I've gone beyond ridiculous rocker and am now at ludicrous rocker. So far I've been too stubborn to shift the centres down a notch. I'm gonna see how long I can go like that. Although, now I've put that in writing, it seems a little stupid....hmmmmm. Oh well

I think some of our freebord peeps know which hill the longboarder bombed. Pretty sure I read it in the facebook group a few months back. Can't remember any names though, so I guess that doesn't help you much, sorry.

Forums back! Have to say, heart kinda sank.... And i still checked it weekly... Whom i kidding, almost daily :p.
    So many things, hope everyone had a good "break."
    Uurgli, how was your trip? The snow definitely happened eh!

Fruitbooters:p, rollerbladers and skiers

Gooner
    Heeeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Yeah, I too missed the forum and checked it regularly. I missed the ability to rant at length about silly, random things (and occasionally freebording). Facebook just isn't the same!
    I'm still in Colorado mate! It's been heaps fun. Loving the halfpipes here in Vail. Hard to ride, but in an odd way freebording has helped me get used to it cause you need to be fairly precise in your movements on the superpipe so that you don't end up eating shit. I brought my freebord with me. There's not many places to ride around Vail cause of the snow, but there is one underground carpark that has a small slope, so I've taken it out once.
    Great winter you guys are having here eh?

Groupie
    I just rode a flowboard for the first time. Easier than freebord. Not quite as exciting, but an interesting twist. I was surprised by how sharp of a turn it could cut. It's fun to have a quiver.
    John S
    PDX OR

Hey steve! Yea Flowboards are a fun variation on street riding that might remind me of surfing the way that it "cuts," not that ive ever surfed :p. Freaking heavy things though. Try a T-board next :) those are weird but fun. I just couldn't see buying either, its the way bords slide and ride in style.... on the edge of bruising punishment, that sucked me in.

Uurgli, yo, if ya can, i got a couple 5$ passes, and couple 25$ to Steamboat if ya'd like. I got a couch/chat the misses about it, Idk howd ud get up here though:/.

I wonder if the ski hill is still considering being done w the pipe now that 2 locals medaled in half pipe at the X games..... It is true it simply doesn't pay back straight up(snowboarders are bums :p, joke!)